Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nanoprocratingating, are we?

I'm Nanoprocrastinating right now, with my idea revolving in my mind. The truth is, it's harder to write for Nanowrimo this year. There is very little support, because almost no one I know is doing this. In fact, the only friend who is doing it is in another state hundreds of miles away. It's easy to procrastinate when there's no one typing away next to you trying to get the higher word count.

But in some ways, Nanowrimo is also easier this year. Since last year's Nano-event, I've become a much more disciplined writer. As of the end of this November, I will have finished two entire novels, and almost completed a third. Looking back over the year, that's not such a bad thing for a busy mom who home schools and does other stuff. I'm become a semi-regular Examiner.com writer, and it was quite a buzz to have a publisher actually look at one of my picture books for a few months. It made me feel like I could take this whole thing a little more seriously this year.

So just consider this a snippet of what's new as I Nanoprocrastinate (although I won't for too long since I'm due to produce 2200 words today). Hope you're all having fun not writing, but I think you're missing out on one of the most fun ways there is to force some writing productivity.

By the way, I'm also doing PiBoIdMo this year, since I'm a picture book writer at heart. You can sign up for that until November 7th, so if you haven't and you're a picture book writer, give it a whirl. It's a lot easier than Nanowrimo, and quite possibly more fun.

See you on the other side!


2 comments:

  1. I'll be your friend if you want, Beth! :-) I'm on NaNoWriMo and Twitter as WendyDelfosse. :-)
    I'm behind on my personal goals too, since I'm hoping for a rough draft >80K so I need to kick it in gear today. :-) Let's both work hard! I know I want this draft to honor Christ so I need to act like it in my work ethic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Wendy! I'll log on and add you as a writing buddy! My hat is off to you for going for 80K, but I'm sure you can do it.

    : )

    ReplyDelete