Monday, November 23, 2009

Off Track, On Track

As any of you who can log on the Nano site can tell, I have gotten a tiny bit off track in my pursuit of 50K for Nanowrimo. Do not be alarmed. We had to drive up to Wisconsin this weekend to get part of a cow and my mom (multi-tasking trip). Since my mom doesn't have internet service, I had to upload my count the next day. It wasn't that it didn't happen. I just didn't have the opportunity to do anything about it.

But the last 36 hours have been a different story. Helping kids with the end of their homework so they could enjoy their Thanksgiving vacation and catching up on grading, in addition to serving at church and having meetings afterward, I have had to sacrifice writing for a twenty-four hour period. I can't tell you how hard it was to hear Dwight's keyboard tapping a way and find out that he'd logged a substantial 5,000 by the end of a day in which I had had no opportunity to write at all. Somehow, it didn't seem right.

But today I've caught up myself, except for studying Physics, and I plan to get back into the swing of things for writing. I left my protagonist in a terrible spot, but I find it easier to get back into the story when I leave her in trouble.

Happy Writing!

2 comments:

  1. I so agree. It is much easier to get back into writing when you've left somebody hanging. It's also even harder for me to leave them there and take a break. Sometimes it must be done.

    Your almost there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea, Beth. I'll have to consciously try it.

    ReplyDelete