Thursday, February 4, 2010

Better Late than Never


I missed my Tuesday posting deadline!

It has been a crazy busy week what with starting a couple of new part-time jobs, the Illinois primary election, Groundhog Day and a little flurry of snow! However, the biggest news in my life is that my husband actually made and baked homemade peanut butter cookies from scratch today! And, he did it all by himself as a surprise for me when I got home! This unusual event has inspired poetry in me - which I will not hesitate to share here.

Ode to a Peanut Butter Cookie

Whether crispy or gooey,
Or maybe crunchy and chewey,
Topped with sugar or with jam,
It's quite pleased I am
To enter into my house
Scented sweetly by my spouse.
Fresh peanut butter cookies
Whose only rhyme is wookies!
But that doesn't matter -
I'll just eat the batter!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

1 comment: