Thursday, April 14, 2011

Really Great Article on Creativity (and Life)

http://www.austinkleon.com/2011/03/30/how-to-steal-like-an-artist-and-9-other-things-nobody-told-me/

My brother-in-law posted this link on Facebook, and he usually posts interesting things, so I checked it out. This is a really thought provoking article about the creative process. Austin Kleon, the writer, has captured many of the practical aspects of creativity and simple-to-try advice in the popular 10 commandment format! Plus, he has very cool illustrations to go with them.

Today, Austin's Point No. 2 captured my fancy:

2. Don’t wait until you know who you are to start making things.

This is so true. I believe that in the doing, the learning and developing and perfecting happens!

In fact, I think I should memorize each of the points Austin makes, and practice doing one a day. Yeah.... I think I'll do that.  Then, I'll report back here about how it went! Or, go to the article yourself and try it and report back here!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post, Laura. Thank you so much for sharing that!!!

    ReplyDelete