Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'll Fly Away

My novel writing has been going well for the last week. I have been writing down snatches of ideas -- before bed, when I wake up in the middle of the night, or after reading an interesting thought. I've been hanging from cliffs, sliding down chutes, riding in a sleigh, killing giant white cave cobras, and dressing in costumes. But, now I have hit a snag.

I'm most likely going to have to throw out another big ending chunk that I wrote some time ago. On the good news front, if I keep up my momentum, that will not be such a tragedy. On the other hand, I was celebrating that I was up to 42,000 words! Now, just like the Dow, my word count will be plunging.

I had set myself the goal of finishing by end of summer. It's a good thing that summer doesn't end until September 20. And now, on to more adventures ...

1 comment:

  1. Laura, you are such a trooper and an inspiration to us all! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete