Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Missed Monday: Oops!

Somehow I thought life would become easier after Nanowrimo. After all, that 50,000 word behemoth is behind me now. (Except for the days of rewriting, of course.)

Life has not become not easier.

In fact, in some ways, it's become more difficult since I have to somehow make up for taking time out to do all that writing when I was supposed to be doing other things. Sigh. I just hate being behind. And I know better than to delude myself into thinking that I'll use my Christmas vacation to put it all back together. No, I get more done when I'm busy than when I am not busy. I have to strike while the iron is hot, and go on knowing that Rome wasn't built in a day.

So the other night, when I had a peaceful hour before bed, I tucked myself in with pajamas, the Physics book, pen and paper, and felt that I made some respectable progress before I fell asleep. (That was Monday when this blog was due.)

Now you're probably wondering what the point of this blog is. I'm kind of wondering that myself. I guess there is no point, but that I'm just mulling over some thoughts.

• If I just keep on and don't give up, eventually, I will get everything done (or mostly done).
• If I keep a list, I won't forget important things like calling the surgeon about having Kathryn's wisdom teeth out (like I forgot to do today).
• I have to try to do what I can before the holidays get me, because somehow, no matter what, I CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANYTHING DONE DURING VACATION, AND BY THE END, I'M SOOOO GLAD IT'S OVER BECAUSE I HATE BEING UNPRODUCTIVE.

Now that I have that out of my system, I'm going to post this blog which has very little meaning, but at least is a blog. That first point might just be a mom's delusion, by the way. I have this eerie feeling that you don't ever really get everything done.

Now let's all take a purifying deep breath. I feel much better now. Don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment