Thursday, December 17, 2009

One of My Favorite Things About Christmas


The tree, the lights, all the decorations are so beautiful this time of year. Watching the looks on the faces of children as they open up their gifts Christmas morning is pretty special too. The colors, the smell of cookies baking in the oven, snow falling softy outside your window while you sit with a cup of hot cocoa in your snug sweater by the fireside are wonderful thought as well. But one of my favorite things about Christmas arrests me every year. I can't help myself, it moves me to tears.

I wonder if this happens to anyone else. I wonder if anyone else thinks this way. I wonder how long this freedom will continue.

Each year I will enter the stores looking for just the right gifts. Suddenly, I am captured. I close my eyes and allow the tears to come. People are busy all around me. Different nationalities, sizes, and shapes. Different religious backgrounds. They are all present. Then the sound envelopes me like a blanket...

Fall on your knees, O hear the angle voices! O night divine, oh night, when Christ was born! O night, divine. O night, oh night divine!

Just the thought of it fills my eyes once more. This is the time of year when people cannot help but hear the gospel. I truly wonder, how many people are touched by the words of the music of Christmas.

God rest ye merry gentlemen let nothing you dismay. Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas day. To save us all from Satan's power when we were gone astray. O tidings of comfort and joy...

So Happy Christmas to all! Next time your at the store I hope you will enjoy hearing the name of Jesus ringing through the speakers. May God bless us every one!

2 comments: