Saturday, August 22, 2009

Friendship


Last week we had five extra people come stay in our home. They were the family of one of my closest and dearest friends. It had been almost nine years since we last saw each other. During our first couple days together I don't think we took a breath catching up and talking about old times. The value of friends.

I don't have a lot of close friends but the few I have I cherish. Their value to me is priceless. They are gifts from God and I am so thankful for them.

Someone to laugh with, talk with, share your joys, your dreams, your sorrows. Someone to encourage you when you need it, or just listen. The value can not be measured!

I will always remember a poem I once read as a girl.

Make new friends but keep the old,
one is silver the other gold.

This is for all those friends I've made in my lifetime. Some now, and others past, out of touch, but never forgotten. Thank you for the wonderful gift you have given me. The HONOR of your friendship!

Oil and perfume rejoice the heart; so does the sweetness of a friend's counsel that comes from the heart. Proverbs 27: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment