Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Research


I have been working on an assignment for my writing class. It's a non-fiction article and as much as I love my topic, I was struggling.

The reason, RESEARCH! I am coming off a summer of four children, a dog, a husband, and no fixed schedule. Now it's time to buckle down and get back to work.

I enjoy writing fiction. Usually a phrase or an idea will come to me out of nowhere and I'll race to get it on paper. That wasn't happening with this non-fiction article. I was dreading it.

I went to the library the other day and checked out some books on my topic. I got a notebook, pen. and a cup of tea. Then I got comfy and began researching one of my favorites subjects. I am now LOVING IT! My notebook is getting filled and I'm almost ready to start writing again.

Moral to my story? Procrastination is the enemy. Just jump in and have fun!

2 comments: