Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Peer Pressure

It's a good thing I'm writing for young adults as I have succumbed once again to peer pressure. Beth and Christine are doing it, so... I checked it out: NANOWRIMO. Okay, I signed up. And, joined the Chicago group... That was pretty simple. I'm in.

This experience feels high school when my friends and my brother told me how fantastic skiing was. The first time I went, I ripped my gloves, fell a million times, got soaking wet, drank a lot of hot chocolate, did all but one run on the bunny hill, and got hooked. I'm sure this will be much the same - maybe even the ripped gloves. So, hang on to your poles, take a deep breath and let's go!

9 comments:

  1. I have a smile as BIG as Texas on my face right now. WOOOHOOOO!

    What is your user name? We can be NaNoWriMo buddies. Mine is, schristine94. I think I just recruited my sister too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And my wife thinks I'm the salesman. How 'bout it Bree, are you going to dive in too? By the way just so you know she has talked me into it too. However I have reserved signing up till the last minute. Because if I get a seccond job I'm not going to do this thing.

    Come on Larry, write a book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo. Way to go Laura. Way to go Christine. It'll be better because there will be no falling involved. I'm going to have a write-in at my house at least one night. The highest word count will win a bag of Lindor Chocolates. (Watch out. Dwight will go after this one.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My user name is lauraknoerr. And, I have 0 words so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you already Laura and added you as my buddy. :)

    I will host a write-in at my house as well. I will have a prize give-away too for the most words.

    Let's do this thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added you as a buddy too, although it took some technical support from the nano people. I also signed up in the Chicago region.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You could of called me Beth, I could of talked you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome aboard Mrs. Laura. I hope you have fun.

    Lindor Chocolates for whoever gets the most words. Oh, boy. I wish I could type faster. I'm pretty slow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathryn - I would imagine you might improve your typing speed by the end of November! :)

    ReplyDelete