Monday, July 12, 2010

Letting my hair down


A couple of weeks ago I was accepted by Examiner.com to be a Children's Literature Examiner. I've discovered it's very different from writing a blog, which is what I was expecting it to be like. Because of this, it's been a real relief to let my hair down here for a change. For example, here I can use the words "I" and "me." I can have an opinion, and I don't have to put a picture with my article, although I decided to just for fun. But please note that the picture doesn't have beans to do with what I'm writing. I just added it because I liked it.
So this blog is dedicated to the lazy days of summer in which you don't have to do anything to please anyone. It's also an anti-inner editor post, since it's so hard to get away from that gal sitting on my shoulder telling me I didn't get it right this time and should go back and fix it.
If you'd like to find the local news in children's literature or find out what's great to read for kids, check out my posts on Examiner.com, but if you want to see the real me, you've come to the right place.
http://www.examiner.com/x-56828-Elgin-Childrens-Literature-Examiner

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great when you, "let your hair down". I have also enjoyed reading your stuff on the Examiner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christine. I really liked your review about Jan Karon's book. She's so good!

    ReplyDelete