Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm Late! I'm Late for a Very Important Date!

This is the Disney musical version of the original lines spoken by the White Rabbit in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland: "Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late!" I like the Disney musical version better, because even though I am late with this post, I am not too late!

I remembered that I forgot on Wednesday. Then, I promptly forgot again! On the positive side, I have been so busy with my novel all week that all other thoughts seem to have vanished. One night, I even had a dream about my novel's characters, and clearly saw my least likable princess. She was very pretty, as I have never had any doubts. And a little more delicate than I had pictured -- the very type the mean step-sisters disliked in the Rogers and Hammerstein musical:


"Why would a fellow want a girl like her?
A frail and fluffy beauty?
Why can't a fellow ever once prefer
a solid girl like me?!

She's a frothy little bubble
with a flimsy kind of charm
And with very little trouble
I could break her little arm! .."

Ah! Jealousy! Unpleasant enough in real life, it makes for some wonderfully bad choices in a plot!

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment