Friday, April 23, 2010

A Comfy Chair


Beth was showing Laura and I pictures in a book of writer's in their settings. In other words, where writer's write. There were tidy desks and sloppy desks, and desks covered in books.

Looking back as far as I can remember, I too have been a desk writer. Recently I have made a wonderful discovery. I grabbed my laptop and a cup of coffee and sat on a very comfy-cozy chair in my family room. Surprisingly, I got more writing done in that sitting then I have since NaNoWriMo in November.

Now I find this chair actually beckoning me to come lay down my cares of the busy day and write. "Come, escape into the world you have created."

Right now as my fingers push the keys I sit at a desk. I am now being beckoned by grocery shopping and housework. Then it's off to pick children up from school. My comfy chair will have to wait.

1 comment: